Congratulations to all our grant recipients, and thanks to all who have applied for everything you do for our students!
Recent Grants Awarded
- PTEF 2018/19 Grant Winners
This year, the PTEF awarded more than $21,000 to Pike educators for classroom supplies, innovative programs, musical instruments, study trips, and more!
- Drew Bradley – Lincoln Middle School – $250 for “Real World Orthotic” which will provide materials to build an orthotic for a cerebral palsy patient with his Project Lead the Way class.
- Chad Heck and Shelly Smith – Pike High School – $500 for “RosieCon Author Visit” which allowed PHS to host 2 authors in conjunction RosieCon.
- Douglas Coates – Pike Career and STEM Center – $1,500.00 to provide financial support for students needing assistance with fees associated with PHS Career and STEM Center programs.
- Lena Darnay – district tech specialist – $300 to provide treats for Pike teachers as they learn how to integrate new technology into their classrooms.
- $1,050.00 to provide all new MSD Pike hires with a 1-year membership to Teachers’ Treasures, where they can get classroom supplies at no cost.
- Chris Ludy – PHS – $2,019.98 to purchase VEX Robotics sets for the expansion of the VEX Robotics program at PHS.
- Christina Mitchell – PHS – $868.98 for “Power to Watts” which will purchase materials for her unit on energy.
- Amy Kamwendo – GCMS – $966 for “Literacy in Musical Theatre” to purchase scripts to “Aladdin” for their musical.
- Kestrel Jones – CES – $699.78 for “Happy, Healthy, Listening Ears” which will purchase headphones and earbuds for her students.
- Deb Hornaday – LMS – $1,825.86 for “You and Your Uke”. She will be using these funds to start a ukulele club at Lincoln.
- Kristin Morris – FCPA – $1,600.00 for “Wee Deliver” which will be used to start a school-wide post office.
- Audrey Cope – CES – $1,715 for “A World of Coding at Our Fingers” to purchase Ozbots to teach coding to students at Central.
- Debbie Huffine – GCMS – $5,728.62 for “Engineering Success!” which will put VEX Robotics sets in all Pike elementary and middle schools.
- Deborah Calhoun – PHS – $318.16 for “Mental Minds” to purchase materials to give students brain breaks during class.
- Norm Leonard – PHS – $716.05 for “Pike Township Fishing Club” for supplies to start a Pike Fishing Club.
- Aaron Burkhart – PHS – $2000 for “Purdue Partners in Music Education” which provided transportation for band students to Purdue for a day of musical workshops.