“This scholarship is in honor of Maggie Harry, a Pike student who suffered from bipolar disorder and lost her life to this terrible disease. She left a legacy of creativity and inspiration. She was a goofball and proud of it. Anyone who knew her is filled with stories of joy and wonder. Through this scholarship, we are seeking someone who exemplifies-in his or her own way-that spirit. Students applying for this scholarship should be individuals who have improved-in large or small ways-the lives in their orbit. They should have made concentrated efforts to improve themselves and incorporate creativity into their lives. They also will show care about the world beyond their immediate surroundings. The scholarship committee is less concerned with where you are studying and more focused with how your plans will contribute to you as a person. If you have any doubt about your qualifications, please apply anyway. We hope that is what Maggie would have done”.
The Harry Family
Scholarship Amount: $1,000 award; must be used for payment of tuition/fees or on-campus housing at the university student chooses to attend.
Criteria: This award is presented to one senior student who best meets the following criteria:
- You must be senior at Pike High School pursuing a Core 40 distinction or higher. Please provide your transcript.
- You must plan to further your education at a college, university, or technical school, and you must meet the necessary entrance requirements of that institution.
- You are encouraged to submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher, but one is not required. Please follow instructions in application.
- If you are a finalist, you must be willing to be interviewed by the scholarship committee.
- You must demonstrate and/or describe your creativity (performing arts, writing, design, class project, etc.).
- You must complete all sections of the application and include the separate documents referenced in the application.
Scholarship applications are due at 3:00 p.m. on Not scheduled yet.. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.