The Michael K. Guest Memorial Scholarship is established in honor of Michael Guest, a 1967 graduate of Pike High School. He is an alumnus of Indiana University School of Law. He dedicated his career to law and returned to Pike Township to live. Michael was driven for excellence, while his moral compass guided his choices in life. Nothing was more important to Michael than his family. He expected his family to be hardworking, honest, and demonstrate high character, just as he strived to do. Applicants for this scholarship should be prepared to express how they represent these characteristics.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000 award; must be used for payment of tuition/fees or on-campus housing at the university student chooses to attend.
This award is presented to one senior student who best meets the following criteria:
- You must be senior at Pike High School pursuing a Core 40 diploma or higher.
- You must have been a Pike High School student for grades 9-12.
- You must have a GPA of 3.5 or greater.
- You must be making plans to further your education at a college, university, or technical school, and you must meet the necessary entrance requirements of that institution.
- You must be an active participant of the community, demonstrated by your participation in extracurricular activities, athletics, or service activities.
- You must complete all sections of the application.
Scholarship applications are due at 3:00 p.m. on March 16, 2018. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.