This scholarship was created to honor the leadership legacy of Nathaniel Jones, who served as superintendent of MSD Pike Township for 13 years before retiring in December 2016. Mr. Jones spent 43 years dedicating himself to public education, serving as a teacher and principal prior to his term as superintendent. Mr. Jones’s passion for education led him to lead the implementation of many programs in the district, including the STEM and career center at PHS.
Scholarship Amount: $1,000 award; must be used for payment of tuition/fees or on-campus housing at the university student chooses to attend.
Criteria: This award is presented to at least one senior student who best meets the following criteria:
- You must be a graduating senior pursuing a Core 40 distinction or higher.
- You must have been a Pike High School student for grades 9-12.
- You must have a GPA of 2.5 or greater.
- You must be planning to pursue a degree in education and must plan to further your education at a college, university, or technical school, and you must meet the necessary entrance requirements of that institution.
- You must be an active participant of the community, demonstrated by your participation in extracurricular activities, athletics, or service activities.
- You must complete all sections of the application and include the separate documents referenced in the application.
Scholarship applications are due at 3:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.