This scholarship was created as the result of a fundraiser: the winners, Tully and Lindsay Bevilaqua, identified the scholarship criteria.
After Tully Bevilaqua retired from basketball, where she was an Olympic silver medalist, WNBA champion, and World Champion, she and her wife, Lindsay, opened Gym 41, a fitness facility in Pike Township. As athletes, parents of Pike Township students, and members of the LGBTQ community, they want to award this scholarship to a student who is a member of the LGBTQ community or an active ally and is also involved in fitness activities.
Scholarship Amount: $1,200 award; must be used for payment of tuition/fees or on-campus housing at the university student chooses to attend.
This award is presented to one senior student who best meets the following criteria:
- You must be a graduating senior pursuing a Core 40 diploma or higher.
- You must be making plans to further your education at a college, university, or technical school, and you must meet the necessary entrance requirements of that institution.
- You must have a GPA of at least 3.0
- You must identify at LGBTQ or as an active ally.
- You must be an energetic individual who cares about fitness and exercise.
- You must meet Pike High School attendance requirements.
- You must complete all sections of the application.
Scholarship applications are due at 3:00 p.m. on March 16, 2018. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.