This scholarship was created by the Shukla family to support a deserving Pike senior in their pursuit of a college degree. Instead of being only a one-year scholarship, they wanted to support the student for four years to make a bigger impact in their life. Dr. and Mrs. Shukla, along with their three children, who are Pike graduates, know that Pike students have incredible potential but that college can be unattainable for some due to monetary constraints, and they want to help a deserving student who might not get help through other means.
Scholarship Amount: $2,500 award renewable for 4 years (for maximum of $10,000 total), provided the student maintains a 2.8 cumulative GPA while pursuing their degree. Student will be required to submit their transcript annually. To be used for payment of tuition/fees or on-campus housing at the university the student attends.
Criteria: This award is presented to one senior student who best meets the following criteria:
- You must be a senior at Pike High School who has between a 2.5 and 3.5 un-weighted GPA (attach transcript).
- You cannot be part of the 21st Century Scholars Program.
- You must be pursuing Core 40 distinction or higher.
- You must plan to further your education at a public college, university, or technical school in the state of Indiana* and must meet the necessary entrance requirements of that institution. *also eligible if attending an out-of-state college or university with reciprocal tuition agreement; please provide documentation
- You must complete all sections of the application and include the separate documents referenced in the application.
Scholarship applications are due at 3:00 p.m. on March 15, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.